e-PlanCheck® (EPC), the leading online plan review solution, offers agencies the option to host its services in the cloud. The ‘cloud’ refers to software and services that run on the internet instead of your computer or local server. The cloud provides access to low cost and flexible resources for applicants uploading and sharing documents with their local municipalities. With EPC in the cloud, your agency can reduce upfront investments and spend less time managing unnecessary hardware.
e-PlanCheck and Amazon Web Services
e-PlanCheck is hosted on Amazon Web Services (AWS). The AWS Cloud provides a simple way to access servers, storage, databases and application services over the Internet. Cloud Computing providers such as Amazon own and maintain the network-connected hardware required for these application services. You can save time, money, and let the cloud manage your infrastructure, without compromising scalability, security, or dependability. AWS provides on-demand access to scalable web and application servers, storage, databases, content delivery, and other application services that make it easier to run your EPC application on the Cloud and to deliver a great customer experience.
Top benefits of using EPC in the Cloud:
- Save Money. No need to invest in data centers and servers. Cloud computing lets you focus on processing permit applications, rather than stacking and powering servers.
- Increased Collaboration and Document Control. EPC users can login remotely from anywhere, at any time, and work on documents concurrently with others. While they work, users will even receive updates in real time from other departments or staff members. Cloud computing keeps all the files in one central location, and everyone works off of one central copy. This whole process facilitates collaboration, which increases efficiency.
- Flexibility.A cloud-based service can instantly be adjusted to meet the demand if additional bandwidth is required, due to the large capacity of remote servers available. You can also resolve infrastructure capacity needs with ease and access as much or as little as necessary.
- Increase Speed. Reduce the time it takes to make resources available to your IT Staff. This results in a dramatic increase in agility for your agency.
- Security and Backup / Recovery.When everything is stored in the cloud, data can still be accessed no matter what happens to your local machine. No more tape backup methods necessary and complicated procedures to recover data. Agencies relying on cloud-based services no longer need complex in-house disaster recovery plans since the cloud support team will take care of most issues.
- Auto updates.Cloud computing suppliers perform the server maintenance including security updates, freeing up your time and resources for other tasks.
- Environmentally friendly. Using the cloud results in less energy consumption and carbon emissions than using on-site servers.
Sample of EPC System Charts accessed in the Cloud
Request A Free Demonstration
e-PlanSoft offers a suite of on premise and cloud-hosted solutions for a variety of industries who conduct plan reviews or quality assurance reviews. Our patented applications allow instant, secure access to project documents 24/7 via your web-browser.
Located in Southern California, e-PlanSoft was founded by principals of an award-winning Architectural-Engineering firm with decades of plan review and inspection experience in the construction design industry. Our patented and feature-rich products promote systems integration and significantly reduce the costs associated with paper plan reviews, which protects the environment by reducing carbon waste and allows agency’s to better manage their staff and workloads.